Drug Testing in Houston, TX
Looking for a clinic in Houston, TX, that provides drug testing? You can find that and more at Memorial Family and Urgent Care! We provide first-rate drug testing services at an affordable rate. No appointments are necessary—just walk right in! For more information, contact us or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 14629 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX 77079.
Table of Contents:
Drug tests can either be a nail-biting experience or a mere formality. Whether you require a drug test for the sake of formality or if you are waiting for something to pass through your system, we can help at Memorial Family and Urgent Care!
There are six different kinds of drug tests that all have their pros and cons and specific uses. They are as follows:
– Blood test: Blood tests are the most accurate of all drug tests. However, they are also the most invasive, must be conducted and analyzed in a lab, and have a brief detection window—up to one day. They can reveal active alcohol or drug use, such as amphetamine, cocaine, marijuana, methamphetamines, nicotine, and opiates.
– Breathalyzer test: Used primarily to detect alcohol use, breathalyzer tests measure the amount of alcohol in your breath and estimate how much is present in your blood to determine your blood alcohol content (BAC).
– Hair follicle drug test: With a hair follicle test, an inconsequential amount of hair is removed with scissors to reveal drug use within the past 90 days. As such, hair follicle tests are not useful for showing recent drug use. However, due to the long period of drug use that they can screen, they are well-suited for pre-employment screenings. Hair follicle drug tests can screen for amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, opiates, and phencyclidine (PCP).
– Perspiration drug test: Perspiration tests are a new form of drug test often used to monitor individuals in rehabilitation or parole. Through a patch applied to the skin and left on for 14 days, perspiration tests can collect sweat and screen it for cocaine, opiates, LSD, marijuana, and methamphetamines.
– Saliva-based drug test: Saliva tests help deliver quick results on recent drug or alcohol use. The detection window for saliva tests is a few days, and they can detect alcohol, amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, and methamphetamine.
– Urine panels: Urine tests are the most common type of drug test, often used in pre-employment screenings and rehabilitation facilities. The detection window for urine tests is anywhere between one and 12 days, depending on the drug and the dose. Urine panels reveal alcohol, amphetamine, cocaine, marijuana, nicotine, or opiate use.
Drug tests can be part of a physical exam for work, sports, or school, but the exact happenings of a particular drug test will depend on the testing method, the substances being tested for, and the reason for the testing.
With a urine panel, which is the most common type of drug test, you will be given instructions when you arrive for the drug test appointment and see the doctor on securing the urine in the cup successfully. Then, the doctor or nurse will provide you with a cup and direct you to a private bathroom where you can urinate into the cup. In some instances, a nurse or technician of the same gender may accompany you to ensure you follow all the testing procedures. After you have finished, you will seal it with a lid and return the container to the medical provider or lab technician. Your results will then be analyzed, which can take anywhere from minutes to a few days, depending on the specific urine test type.
Often, employers require prospective employees to conduct a physical examination as part of pre-employment screening to ensure that they meet specific standards that the job demands. In many cases, drug testing is a feature of such pre-employment physicals. Depending on the job, your employer may also conduct periodic physical exams for work, which may or may not include drug testing. In addition to possible drug testing, such physical exams will also take a record of your medical history and assess your current physical, emotional, and mental health status.
If you require a physical for drug testing in Houston, TX, and do not have time to wait another minute, we have got your back at Memorial Family and Urgent Care! We provide safe and secure drug testing to all patients. You can find our clinic at 14629 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX 77079. For a walk-in appointment, come to Memorial Family and Urgent Care anytime between the hours of 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM from Monday to Thursday or on Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
We provide a comprehensive range of drug testing services at Memorial Family and Urgent Care to meet any requirement. For more information, contact us or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 14629 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX 77079. We serve patients from Houston TX, West University Place TX, Bellaire TX, Jacinto City TX, Galena Park, TX, South Houston TX and surrounding areas.